Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Steps Are Forward

After emailing my exciting news about our move to friends I became deep in thought. Which prompted this email. My life is moving on. In 46 days we are moving to Oahu. This is an amazing opportunity to live in paradise and I couldn't be more excited. But now that it draws closer I'm forced to face hard facts.

I have lived in Tennessee all of my life. Chattanooga is the furthest from home I have ever lived. I have been within reach of my parents and friends for as long as I can remember. There are countless times I have dreamed of fleeing this place , to start somewhere new. And here I am sitting on the edge of an incredible journey, the next phase. It's like when you watch a movie and you see the character as a child and then the next scene they are grown up. That's how it feels at times. No more waking up as a child only to lay in bed until I wanted to get up and go eat cereal out of the box. No more worrying about my grades, about my soccer games, about work, paying for tuition, parties on the weekend. It's all something greater now. I am watching my children grow up and experience the things I did. It's terrifying really. I can't help but think when did this all happen? Where am I? Wait, I'm not ready. But the truth is it doesn't. It doesn't stop it just keeps going, faster at times. I catch myself neglecting it at times. I don't breathe it in enough. I try but it's hard in the heat of the moment.

So here goes, my steps are forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment