Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Passenger Seat



listen to this while you read please!!
(Death Cab For Cutie~Passenger Seat. I put a link but it wouldn't show!! So youtube it please. PLEASE??)

So listening to a friend, I decided to add this pic to my blog. I began to think what can I possibly blog about in regards to this picture?! A truck load of thoughts hit me but nothing stuck to my honey. Then as I downloaded the picture and listened to Kings of Convenience it hit me.

You know how when you are a kid you looked out of the window from the backseat as you passed all the light poles? I used to pretend I was on top of them jumping from one to the next. I used to laugh imagining myself screaming up to the driver, "Slow Down!! I can't jump that fast." Now here I am. In the passenger seat. An adult. My children staring out of the back window. I can't help but want to scream," Where did it go? Is it lost? Can I please go back and try again? I don't think I did it right!" There was such a comfort and ease in that back seat. Life was a journey you were getting to go on. I didn't have to worry about the traffic, the red lights, the driving conditions.

Life is becoming like this car ride to me. Everything is passing. Quickly at that. I wanna slam on the brakes. But you can't just slam on the brakes, it doesn't work like that. I guess I should realize that it's not over. I'm still in the car. I'm still moving. I'm just in the passenger seat now.

2 comments:

  1. you did it all right. all of it. every single moment. it's why you are where you are now. :-) one day you can have sebastian drive around while you sit in the backseat, looking out the window and eating french fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day that is what will happen. And I will kick the back of his seat like he does mine. Thanks Ash for always showing me a cup half full=)

    ReplyDelete